Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Framed L-O-V-E

That love time is quickly approaching. Time for all of the little Valentine's that will eventually be strewn everywhere before they find their way into the trashcan. I know, I know - we have intentions of saving them and making the memories last, but after they are tattered and torn from being played with over and over, what can you really do? This month I am going to show you some different methods of Valentine gift giving that will not break the bank or time or money.

Pin It First up today is a super simple little frame. Just grab your favorite little one and off you go! You will need: frame scissors card stock (scraps work great for this) patterned paper marker ink For my frame I chose the $3 frames at Wal-Mart that are designed for two pictures and took the mat out and did some trimming to it to make it have only one opening. Cut the patterned paper of your choice the size of your frame. I decided to ink all edges of my papers and card stock, just because I like that look - yours is up to you! On scraps of card stock I let my 4 year old write out L, O, E, and sign her name to the bottom of one of the pieces. I then added the end of the Bible Verse from Corinthians, Love is patient and kind, to the top of the cardboard piece she had written her name on. She used her little finger prints to stamp out a heart for the V. Glue those on to the pattered paper and stick in the frame - voila - instant Valentine's decoration that any grandparent will be thrilled to receive. Let's face it - Valentine's day is not when most of us have a ton of decor for and this is a gift that can be used year after year! Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's always more memorable when the kids get to help! : )